Hello!! Shwmae! 안녕하세요! In Korea with my host family
Disclaimer
Welcome to my blog. This is my blog to keep you all updated on what I'm doing in Korea. Hopefully you can follow me on my adventure, I'll be sure to upload lots of pictures and to tell you what I'm doing each day!!
enjoy xx
Navigations

Profile Blog Photos Credits
Angharad John
Small, Welsh, 18 years young. Mrs Edwards to be! Studying in Bath Spa. Living in Merthyr Tydfil. <3




Doing...
Feeling : Happy
Eating : Crisps
Doing : This Blog
Watching : TV
Listening to : Pokerface




Daily Reads
Facebook | Youtube | Myspace | Twitter




Tagboard
Tagboard.

Free chat widget @ ShoutMix



Rotten Things
June 2009 | July 2009 |

22. Raindrops keep falling on my head
21. Killer Chair, Nakedness and a Fake Birthday
20. Bucket of Caramel Popcorn = $1.50
19. Christmas in a teacup
18. Once you go Asian, you don't go Caucasian
17. Chips
16. Knockout Water
15. Pot ramyun
14. Korean Dinner...An Indian
13. 5 pound rice

23. Part 1
Written at Tuesday 14 July 2009 | back to top

Goodness me!

Well after I left you, sleep deprived from the night before we wandered around in the tipping rain and had many coffees. We bought some snacks from the shop because we didn't know what the food would be like in the temple. We walked down to the university temple and borded a bus, heading straight to the back. I got out my hat and my video camera and Caroline sung happy birthday to me, it was amazing. We waited for the Keele students to finish their lectures and come on the bus along with the 2 international guys and Mahinda. We were soon on our way but had to stop numberous times due to the fact that the windscreen wipers were broken and the rain was making it impossible to drive.
So we arrived and got out stuff out the bus and trekked up these stairs. We passed these big scary gaurdians on the way in, they were huge and watch over the temple. We then went over to the main hall and took off our shoes, which were sopping anyway. Next we went inside and got our name badges for the visit. All the girls were ushered into a cuboard type thing and we were given the most baggiest, unflattering temple uniform ever. It was orange and about a size 18 which flogged us all. We came out, embrassed at our new uniforms and sat on the mats in front of the alter. Next the men went in and got green temple clothes and sat besides us. The next hour was us being shown how to prayer. You stand, hands together, bow, on your knees, head to the floor, hands up, then down, bring into yourself before standing up again. It was tiring and we were told we had to do it 108 times, it was crazy! We got some information about the temple but were unable to look around due to the weather. Instead our mats were placed in a square and mini tables brought out and cups where we had to make lotus flowers with a wish inside. It was really flidderly and Caroline made fun of mine until karma attacked her and it went wrong. A temple lady helped me with mine and then gave me hers as well, a birthday present she said. We then got to place our lotus flowers to the buddha who would rid the world of destress for us and grant our wishes. I think he was having a day off though because neither of mine came true.
However, all of a sudden the room went quiet and everyone started to sing happy birthday and Lucy brought out a chocolate cake. I was really really excited and blew out my candles. I made the first cut but made my international guy do the rest of the cutting. Caroline reckons he fancies me as he lingers round me and asks millions of questions, along with photos to match.
This was at 10pm and we ate cake, coke and watermelon before packing away and getting out our mates for the floor. We made a bed type thing with prayer mats, sleeping bag and blanket nicked from home, it was really comfy. Girls were on the left and guys on the right with a very naff curtain seperating us both. We slept in our uniforms which was annoying as we brought nighties to stay in, thinking we'd need them. I got out my camera and turned on the Night vision, it was realy funny as Lucy grabbed Carolines foot making her jump. We slept by the buddha, figuring that it was the safetst place to be.
-Angharad

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Designer : Cynna
Editor : Angharad
materials: Various japanese site
icons: SugarPink
Editing Program: Photoscape
scripts: Dynamic Drive
color hex codes: Color Combos
host: BLOGGER.COM | PHOTOBUCKET.COM