Hello!! Shwmae! 안녕하세요! In Korea with my host family
Disclaimer
Welcome to my blog. This is my blog to keep you all updated on what I'm doing in Korea. Hopefully you can follow me on my adventure, I'll be sure to upload lots of pictures and to tell you what I'm doing each day!!
enjoy xx
Navigations

Profile Blog Photos Credits
Angharad John
Small, Welsh, 18 years young. Mrs Edwards to be! Studying in Bath Spa. Living in Merthyr Tydfil. <3




Doing...
Feeling : Happy
Eating : Crisps
Doing : This Blog
Watching : TV
Listening to : Pokerface




Daily Reads
Facebook | Youtube | Myspace | Twitter




Tagboard
Tagboard.

Free chat widget @ ShoutMix



Rotten Things
June 2009 | July 2009 |

18. Once you go Asian, you don't go Caucasian
17. Chips
16. Knockout Water
15. Pot ramyun
14. Korean Dinner...An Indian
13. 5 pound rice
12. GM Food?
11. Jam, Banana & Cheese
10. 'This..plums....we cut with knife.'
9. Chocolate Fish!

19. Christmas in a teacup
Written at Saturday 11 July 2009 | back to top

Hello,
Today I got up really early and had a shower and such before heading over to Hongik university where we all met up at Dunkin Donuts and had some coffee. We then realised that the Free market wasn't open for another 4 hours. We wandered round the shops and laughed at the names of the stores (such as Boobi Boobi and Condomania) before having more coffee and wandering in and out. Helena saw an amazing t-shirt that said 'Don't kill yourself, I will pray for you' with a cross through suicide. Made us laugh anyway.
We then went over to the free market. It's basically a market for the students who can't afford to own shops so have stalls to sell their artwork and fashion. It's really pretty and one girl wrote my name in korean for me. We then looked at some earrings and I managed to get some lovely presents for people although I paid full price for everything (there's something morally wrong with bartering with a student). There were bands there and one group that amused us for looking quite indie only to not really be. Helena iffed and awwed about a painting for a while but gave up eventually and didn't get it. We went to go get some rice but I was just so hungry and ended up going to a really nice Indian resturant. There was a bollywood film on and I think we all were amused by it, watching it over and over. I ordered rice to the guys amusement and a Naan as I still feel abit dodgey with my stomach. Lucy and Helena had a curry and Caroline had some noodles, however it was full of peppers and chili so it was so funny to hear her complain about how hot it was.
Lucy then left us as we went to Isadong for the rest of the day. We found a big protest about the treatment of people in North Korea and talked to an Amercian protester about it while filimg, then we pasted an animal protest about dogs being in the cages in pet shops (don't worry dad, I didn't touch any dogs). We wandered around the art shops and got cornered by a boy who had the biggest book ever on Britian and started quoting facts about what everyone in the UK likes, sterotypically. It was quite funny actually and he mentioned Wales which was damn awesome. We were getting quite tired and decieded to have some tea at a traditional tea house. It was really funky and although it cost about 6000won we got to try new things. I had citron tea which was lemon pulp and hot water. It felt so nice to have a sit down and a break. Caroline had some crazy watermelon punch and Helena had some tea that tasted like Christmas.
We wandered some more before going home. I managed to not get crazy people and when I got home was greeted by a large amount of watermelon. I ofund out that brother has to be up at 6 tomorrow to go to the enterance exam for a posh highschool, he's been studying all night now.
Logging off for now,
Angharad

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,


Designer : Cynna
Editor : Angharad
materials: Various japanese site
icons: SugarPink
Editing Program: Photoscape
scripts: Dynamic Drive
color hex codes: Color Combos
host: BLOGGER.COM | PHOTOBUCKET.COM