Hello!! Shwmae! 안녕하세요! In Korea with my host family
Disclaimer
Welcome to my blog. This is my blog to keep you all updated on what I'm doing in Korea. Hopefully you can follow me on my adventure, I'll be sure to upload lots of pictures and to tell you what I'm doing each day!!
enjoy xx
Navigations

Profile Blog Photos Credits
Angharad John
Small, Welsh, 18 years young. Mrs Edwards to be! Studying in Bath Spa. Living in Merthyr Tydfil. <3




Doing...
Feeling : Happy
Eating : Crisps
Doing : This Blog
Watching : TV
Listening to : Pokerface




Daily Reads
Facebook | Youtube | Myspace | Twitter




Tagboard
Tagboard.

Free chat widget @ ShoutMix



Rotten Things
June 2009 | July 2009 |

20. Bucket of Caramel Popcorn = $1.50
19. Christmas in a teacup
18. Once you go Asian, you don't go Caucasian
17. Chips
16. Knockout Water
15. Pot ramyun
14. Korean Dinner...An Indian
13. 5 pound rice
12. GM Food?
11. Jam, Banana & Cheese

21. Killer Chair, Nakedness and a Fake Birthday
Written at Monday 13 July 2009 | back to top

Hello,
Because I'm already 19 in Korea and I'm in the temple tomorrow we figured that we'd go and celebrate my coming into the world today. We had a lecture first off and played around online checking emails and such and then exchanged some money. I'd looked up spas last night and knew the one I wanted to go to, so we popped on the metro to Seoul Station, got lost, asked a police man and was shown by an English speaking Korean where it was.
We got to the spa and paid about 4GBP which gave us access to everything! It was amazing, we got given two towels and went through to the changing area. We then took off our shoes and went to another desk where we were given a t-shirt and shorts, it was at that point we realised that everyone around us was naked. We got lockers and stripped off (EVERYTHING) and got into our new spa uniforms. We then went upstairs and got bagels which were really yummy. First we went into this sauna room which gave a whole new meaning to the word hot! It was boiling, much hotter than an English Sauna, it didn't even compare. Naturally we didn't spend long in there. Next we went to the ice room, a room full of ice where we were heckled by old men thinking we looked Russian. It was highly amusing! Onto the Dug out rooms which didn't really do much, that or we missed the point of it. After that we went to the Oxygen room. It had a big air thingy and my lungs felt really nice afterwards although we all agreed to feeling a tad giddy after too long. We moved to the Charcoal room where we stayed for a while, it was meant to speed up your metabolism so we wanted to stay there the longest and had a short nap. A man kept snoring which sent me and Caroline into fits of giggles. We relaxed and moved to the salt room, it was lovely, being surrounded by millions of rock salts which were warmed and you could just lie in and absorb, it felt so nice and you could talk whilst just chilling.
We checked out some other rooms but weren't bothered so we decided to see what the bath rooms were like... big mistake, there were many naked ladies. We stood about for about 30 minutes debating the pros and cons of getting naked and joining in. Caroline was the first to say no, then Helena said no so I took it upon myself to take one for the team and I'm glad I did. I got changed in the toilets (no way was I trouping around the spa with my goods on display) and went to the showers. The first bath I took was at 42oC and had Jade in it, it was okay little hot for me though. Next one was at 45oC and looked like gravy, it had some mineral dirt in it but it freaked me out a little so I didn't stay in there long. It was a bit creepy as the women looked at me, I guess seeing a western girl naked probably makes them feel so skinny. The next pool I went too was full of charcoal and I stayed in there for a while despite the scalding temperature of 48oC, it was bloody hot in there. I gave in after that and went in a salt pool at a mere 30oC and found a nice swimming pool. Little did I know (i found it out afterwards) that the pool was an Ice pool. I immersed myself only to regret it big time. I felt really dizzy at the shock in temperature and only realised what had happened when I saw ice cubes float past me. I however stayed in and reasoned that it was probably being amazing for my skin, it was only until I realised I was growing a layer of frost that I got out and eased my frozen body into a massage bath which soon warmed me up. It was amazing, then sauna at the end really helped and when I had a shower I was given free shampoo and conditioner to help with my skin, to close the pores up.
I got changed out in the open (everyone had seen everything at this point) and went back upstairs where I found Helena and Caroline and we went off with our cameras to capture moments in the rooms. We however got distracted and found a Karaoke machine and sung Flying without wings and Bohemian Rhapsody, it was so funny, especially when we realised the rooms weren't 100% sound proof. We then went on these massage chairs which I thought would be a really fun idea. How wrong I was. It was like the chair wanted revenge for everything in the world. It strapped us in and held my hands and ankles in place and proceeded to kneed at my back and bum. It was like being stabbed over and over and it kept pinching my bum. It then vibrated us and tried to snap our necks. This lasted 10 minutes before releasing us where we decided never to trust my judgement about chairs again.
We finally got dressed and left the spa and walked over to pizza hut for my Birthday meal. Me and Caroline shared a medium cheesy bite pizza which we couldn't finish and Helena had a salad. Now I'm at home waiting for my family to get home, it's so quiet without them all! The spa website is Here: Siloam Sauna if you want to check it out.
Logging off for now,
Angharad

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Designer : Cynna
Editor : Angharad
materials: Various japanese site
icons: SugarPink
Editing Program: Photoscape
scripts: Dynamic Drive
color hex codes: Color Combos
host: BLOGGER.COM | PHOTOBUCKET.COM