Hello!! Shwmae! 안녕하세요! In Korea with my host family
Disclaimer
Welcome to my blog. This is my blog to keep you all updated on what I'm doing in Korea. Hopefully you can follow me on my adventure, I'll be sure to upload lots of pictures and to tell you what I'm doing each day!!
enjoy xx
Navigations

Profile Blog Photos Credits
Angharad John
Small, Welsh, 18 years young. Mrs Edwards to be! Studying in Bath Spa. Living in Merthyr Tydfil. <3




Doing...
Feeling : Happy
Eating : Crisps
Doing : This Blog
Watching : TV
Listening to : Pokerface




Daily Reads
Facebook | Youtube | Myspace | Twitter




Tagboard
Tagboard.

Free chat widget @ ShoutMix



Rotten Things
June 2009 | July 2009 |

39. Goodbye!!
38. Last day in Korea
37. PIzza and Coke
36. To fight for a country they never knew and a p...
35. The Ice Man
34. STOP EATING PIZZA!
33. Big Icream and the 18 Pixel Simulator
32. Never Make Jewellry
31. Sleep
39. Ready for liftoff!

40. Home is where the Heart is, but Seoul is where it matters.
Written at Wednesday 29 July 2009 | back to top

Hello!
So I'm in the UK and in my house. The flight was long, 11 hours this time. I managed to watch, Monsters vs Aliens, 17 Again, Bride wars, Back to the future and I love you Man. It was crazy and the food was horrible. I had this crazy Korean girl who put her seat all the way back and then would sit up, not even to use it! I twinged my back too, it really really hurt but Helena was so nice and bought me these strip things to help it.
At one point on the plane, we went through turbulence and the plane just dropped, I did mutter some words under my breathe and the guy next to me thought we were all going to die but it was okay, apparently the quickest way out of clouds is to just drop through the air.
We got off in Paris and transferred quickly, we waited an hour and got on a tiny airbus only to go up and then down, it was an amazing flight and when we got to Heathrow, our luggage arrived really early on.
Mam and Dad bought a big sign with my name on, I felt like a movie star. I managed to chat the whole journey back to wales and in the house, it was about 1am when we finally all got to bed.
Overall I loved Seoul and I really want to go back, maybe see Japan and China next time.
Here are the things I learnt in Korea:
1. If your white, prepared to get stared at.
2. No one knows where Wales is.
3. In Seoul, Vegetarian = eat everything, get ready to live on rice...
4. The North of Korea is a scary place.
5. Although mainly a Buddhist country, many people are only Buddhist in Theory.
6. Be prepared to eat the same thing for lunch, dinner and breakfast.
7. No one follows Confucius anymore.
8. When people start getting off the tube in mass numbers, follow them.
9. Get ready to see alot of Palaces and Temples.
10. Just because someone is a monk, don't expect them to act like it.
I hope you enjoyed reading about my time in Korea,
Logging off for the last time,
Angharad

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Designer : Cynna
Editor : Angharad
materials: Various japanese site
icons: SugarPink
Editing Program: Photoscape
scripts: Dynamic Drive
color hex codes: Color Combos
host: BLOGGER.COM | PHOTOBUCKET.COM