Hello!! Shwmae! 안녕하세요! In Korea with my host family
Disclaimer
Welcome to my blog. This is my blog to keep you all updated on what I'm doing in Korea. Hopefully you can follow me on my adventure, I'll be sure to upload lots of pictures and to tell you what I'm doing each day!!
enjoy xx
Navigations

Profile Blog Photos Credits
Angharad John
Small, Welsh, 18 years young. Mrs Edwards to be! Studying in Bath Spa. Living in Merthyr Tydfil. <3




Doing...
Feeling : Happy
Eating : Crisps
Doing : This Blog
Watching : TV
Listening to : Pokerface




Daily Reads
Facebook | Youtube | Myspace | Twitter




Tagboard
Tagboard.

Free chat widget @ ShoutMix



Rotten Things
June 2009 | July 2009 |

39. Ready for liftoff!
30. Tofu and Fruit Salad
29. "I'm sorry Joey, you're just a tool"
28. Chaaaa
27. Penis Fish
26. They tried to make me go to Rehab..
25. I really don't like eggs :X
24. Part 2
23. Part 1
22. Raindrops keep falling on my head

31. Sleep
Written at Wednesday 22 July 2009 | back to top

Hiya again,
Today I got up really late. I set my alarm for 6 and then decided I wanted to sleep until 7, only to be awoken by mother to tell me I slept in and was late. I decided that I wouldn't miss much and had a shower and took my time. I strolled to the metro and got off in Anguk and went to the guiding store. I managed to buy some uniform and a badge to take back with me, it's very interesting to see and I took some photos. Their English was bad so I was sad that I could not talk to others about guiding. I then rang my Mam in Wales and chatted on the phone before going to the cosmetics store and then to university. I had the tripod with me and it was breaking my back, I'm glad to no long have it as a burden.
I met Helena and found out that Caroline had also slept in and would be meeting us. We decided that today would be good to go to the women's protest so we got on the tube and went to the Japanese Embassy.
Once there people took our photos and we talked to a man who was a 102 years old and could speak English, Chinese and Korean. We were lucky to meet him. Slowly women appeared and the Embassy shut the gates and the police and riot police came out. The women were protesting because when Japan invaded Korea, they made many woman become prostitutes for the Japanese solders. They re-enacted it in song and dance and it was very moving. The elderly women were very determined and every Wednesday at 12, without fail, they protest and demand an apology for what happened to them.
We filmed them and there were many cameras there ready to film if the Japanese apologised but nothing happened. We went back to uni for lunch and then decided to wander the Gangnam station shops. We also got some bad news from Lucy, the DMZ border tour got cancelled due to swine flu, however, Lucy got home to the UK safely. I'm glad she's okay.
I can't write much more today but will on Friday.
Logging off for now,
Angharad

Labels: , , , , , ,


Designer : Cynna
Editor : Angharad
materials: Various japanese site
icons: SugarPink
Editing Program: Photoscape
scripts: Dynamic Drive
color hex codes: Color Combos
host: BLOGGER.COM | PHOTOBUCKET.COM