Hello!! Shwmae! 안녕하세요! In Korea with my host family
Disclaimer
Welcome to my blog. This is my blog to keep you all updated on what I'm doing in Korea. Hopefully you can follow me on my adventure, I'll be sure to upload lots of pictures and to tell you what I'm doing each day!!
enjoy xx
Navigations

Profile Blog Photos Credits
Angharad John
Small, Welsh, 18 years young. Mrs Edwards to be! Studying in Bath Spa. Living in Merthyr Tydfil. <3




Doing...
Feeling : Happy
Eating : Crisps
Doing : This Blog
Watching : TV
Listening to : Pokerface




Daily Reads
Facebook | Youtube | Myspace | Twitter




Tagboard
Tagboard.

Free chat widget @ ShoutMix



Rotten Things
June 2009 | July 2009 |

27. Penis Fish
26. They tried to make me go to Rehab..
25. I really don't like eggs :X
24. Part 2
23. Part 1
22. Raindrops keep falling on my head
21. Killer Chair, Nakedness and a Fake Birthday
20. Bucket of Caramel Popcorn = $1.50
19. Christmas in a teacup
18. Once you go Asian, you don't go Caucasian

28. Chaaaa
Written at Sunday 19 July 2009 | back to top

Hiya,
So we got up without a hangover and attacked Caroline as she has the most annoying alarm sound (good morn-ning... la la la laaa la da da da da da morning) and got dressed really quickly. We packed up and had a sad excuse for breakfast (meats and jam) and then went to the Lobby where we were picked up by the Intreptrator and Professor. We drove around for a while before going to a church. It was amazing and lasted an hour and half but we were disappointed as we figured we'd be going to the 20,000 people a day church. I was shocked to see that the service was exactly the same but it was more outward prayer (like think American styles AMEN! Praise Jesus, in Korean) . We got a lot of attention, being foreign church goers has it's advantages. We then got in the car and I was shocked and a little annoyed that we were now going to the big church. However I'm glad we went, it was like the C.I.A (or Carling Academy depending where you're reading this) filled with Christians. The minister was on a podium and the Choir around him, think Star Wars council scenes. It was proper amazing and was being filmed, there were about 5,000 people there in the service and another 1,000 waiting or watching it in the lobbies. It had 5 tiers and international offices and everything. Luckily a nice American man talked to us about the Church and we got amazing footage for the film.
We also had great fun in the car imertating the preist going CHAA, every few seconds he'd say Chaaa. It was later that we found out that it was a filler word like 'well' or 'see'. However, we will continue to use it.
Next we all jumped in the car and went to the biggest department store in the world, fact. We had some nice lunch and everyone had something different. I had chips and a waffle, the way I was eating it, I thought the Professor was going to take me in the rehab centre, it went everywhere. We bought some cakes for our guides as presents and we got some gifts from the pottery in return (the special needs children make pottery). It was lovely and then we got took to the main beach. Me, Caroline and Helena went to the Aquarium which was amazing, I saw sharks and sang my shark song on repeat. I'm pretty sure our video is now 90% me singing about baby sharks. There were also jellyfish and seals and otters and a hedgehog! How weird is that, a hedgehog at a zoo, they seem so weird to Koreans.
Next we lay on the beach and Mahinda paddled in the sea. I joined him at one point when a massive wave came and soaked me. The sea is absolutely freezing, minus temperatures. I thought my little toes where going to drop off so I sat down and we all laughed at how excited Mahinda was by the beach. I'm pretty cure our tour guide was minutes away from buying a bucket and spade.
We then got taken to the Bus station where we boarded to go to a new place, Gyeongju. I was sad to leave the Professor and the tour girl as they were great fun and we sung loads in the car when we travelled.
Anyway, logging off for now,
Angharad

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Designer : Cynna
Editor : Angharad
materials: Various japanese site
icons: SugarPink
Editing Program: Photoscape
scripts: Dynamic Drive
color hex codes: Color Combos
host: BLOGGER.COM | PHOTOBUCKET.COM