Hello!! Shwmae! 안녕하세요! In Korea with my host family
Disclaimer
Welcome to my blog. This is my blog to keep you all updated on what I'm doing in Korea. Hopefully you can follow me on my adventure, I'll be sure to upload lots of pictures and to tell you what I'm doing each day!!
enjoy xx
Navigations

Profile Blog Photos Credits
Angharad John
Small, Welsh, 18 years young. Mrs Edwards to be! Studying in Bath Spa. Living in Merthyr Tydfil. <3




Doing...
Feeling : Happy
Eating : Crisps
Doing : This Blog
Watching : TV
Listening to : Pokerface




Daily Reads
Facebook | Youtube | Myspace | Twitter




Tagboard
Tagboard.

Free chat widget @ ShoutMix



Rotten Things
June 2009 | July 2009 |

5. Pocky and Mt Dew
4. Sugar Glaric Bread?!
3. Facepack meal
2. Onigiri
1. Packing and Waiting

6. Ice Noodles
Written at Wednesday 1 July 2009 | back to top

Hello again,
So today has been interesting. I left you when it was time to go see the teacher who teaches Indian Philosophy and helps with the international affairs. He gave us some lovely coffee (their instant has sugar and milk added already, a miracle!) and some Korean Green tea. It tastes pretty bland in flavour but probably does wonders in the detoxing world. I gave him the Rugby ball and he said his daughters would enjoy it. We than saw a photo of them, they are quite young and very cute. Lucy came late and brought her host student Olivia with her. We all chatted about certain things before going off to the University kitchen. We were very lucky and our lunch was being paid for by the University. The kitchen does western type food so we had two pizzas to share and I had a lovely cheese baguette and a coke. It was the nicest thing ever, seriously. After lunch we all separated to go check the mail and get some drinks before meeting Mahinda. We walked down to the Tube and rode for three stops. We decided that we would like one month rental mobile phones for safety and to contact one another. We walked around for what seemed like forever, but no one done the deal that we were hoping for. Whilst the others were talking, me and Caroline went for a walk and in the windows are really cute puppies up for sale. They were so sad looking but so cute. This one was very fluffy and had big puppy eyes. I took a photo, I wanted to bring him home. We went then to a English/Korean bookshop. There were so many anime books but most were in Korean, I'd never seen so many in my life. The others bought Korean guides and books about Buddhisim. Olivia was very kind and managed to bar gin with a phone retailer so now we have three (very crap) mobile phones for the month so I will get the number in case anyone would like to text or call me.
After the phones and books we wanted to visit tourist information to find leaflets for the tube and for things to do. Mahinda got us really lost because this man showed the wrong way. However we found a man who had lived in New York and spoke good english, he drew us a map and we were soon on our way! After walking around some more we found it and picked up as many information booklets as possible. I want to go to Dinoworld but it had already closed. I think we are going mud wrestling though. After about 10 minutes of being in the tourist information, some Korean group walked in. Myself and Caroline were sitting down when this very elderly lady started making her way towards us. I was abit worried because she was staring, having obviously not seen many westerners. Lucy noticed our worried looks and called us over only for 'dawn of the dead' lady to start following. We sharply made an exit and she still shuffled behind us. We were hysterical afterwards. The group met back up with Mahinda and we walked through the town to find some food. I spotted a McDonalds but everyone gave me evil looks. We went to many restaurants but the main vegetarian meal seems to be Babimba which we are not to keen on. We found one place but the food cost about 20(BPS) so we gave it a miss. The next one we found served beansprout noodles so we went and sat down. Lucy and Helena shared a massive broth on a heater whilst Caroline, Mahinda and I had the noodles. I wish someone had told me that they were served ice cold. It was a shock to the system and tasted mainly of just plain cooked spaghetti, not nice. Caroline accidentally gave me this chilli paste, I think my reaction was quite funny. Lucy and Helena had a same go at us for not eating meat which was annoying as I don't particular like eating meat and am fussy when I do.
We left the restaurant hungry so I slipped into a 7/11 and got a small snack. We made our way to the tube station but I needed the toilet. Little did I know it was a crazy hole in the ground one, really not nice! I had a right job to lift my trousers up and down at the same time. I got home about 10o'clock, it was scary walking in the dark but okay, lots of teenagers are in the parks playing football and it's very well light. I got in and felt lucky because I got fruit and an ice cream so I feel a little fuller. I had a really nice shower and we've been talking about the hostility between the north and south of Korea. It seems the South hope that they are reunited again soon.
Brother is practising his singing for an exam tomorrow, it's quite funny but sweet. I am nervous for him, he's very stressed out. I offered to take him to see Harry Potter when he is done with everything and he seemed happy at the suggestion. I think he really wants his game (he's getting pokemon) more than anything so he is studying all the time when I am home.
It is now 11.44 and I am very tired so I'm going to head off to bed. I hope all is well in the UK!
Logging off for now,
Angharad

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Designer : Cynna
Editor : Angharad
materials: Various japanese site
icons: SugarPink
Editing Program: Photoscape
scripts: Dynamic Drive
color hex codes: Color Combos
host: BLOGGER.COM | PHOTOBUCKET.COM