Hello!! Shwmae! 안녕하세요! In Korea with my host family
Disclaimer
Welcome to my blog. This is my blog to keep you all updated on what I'm doing in Korea. Hopefully you can follow me on my adventure, I'll be sure to upload lots of pictures and to tell you what I'm doing each day!!
enjoy xx
Navigations

Profile Blog Photos Credits
Angharad John
Small, Welsh, 18 years young. Mrs Edwards to be! Studying in Bath Spa. Living in Merthyr Tydfil. <3




Doing...
Feeling : Happy
Eating : Crisps
Doing : This Blog
Watching : TV
Listening to : Pokerface




Daily Reads
Facebook | Youtube | Myspace | Twitter




Tagboard
Tagboard.

Free chat widget @ ShoutMix



Rotten Things
June 2009 | July 2009 |

3. Facepack meal
2. Onigiri
1. Packing and Waiting

4. Sugar Glaric Bread?!
Written at Tuesday 30 June 2009 | back to top

Hiya,
So I'm feeling better since the last post, I guess it's because I came to the uni with host father and I had to wait 2 hours alone, making me mope over everything. The tube takes an hour and I have to walk through a big park to get to the metro. I then have to go up the steepest hill (I swear it's like pen-y-fan) before getting to uni. This nice young boy helped me in the uni today as he could see that I was quite upset. When it was lesson time, he got me to my class and explained I was late because I was very homesick. We had an orientation today and met our buddy. Ours is called Nancy and she likes to make jokes about our english. She taught me some words which I later found out mean 'stop staring at me' and 'please go away now'. We got our library cards and explored the campus abit. We then met up with Lucy and decieded it was ready for lunch. Seeing as me and Caroline didn't want Korean food we went to a baggette shop and bought 2 bagettes and a glaric bread. We sat down and ate before realising that the glaric bread actually had sugar on!! How weird is that? I just hear Peter Kay in my head going 'Garlic bread? glaric bread with sugar on? That's the future that is'. Apparently most savioury things are sweet and vise versa. They also don't really have sugar here by a syrup that you pour into the drink.
We then all sat down and had a very long meeting. We decieded to go to a spa on my birthday and a theme park for Carolines, I'm quite excited. I have everyones phone number and bought a new notepad for my lessons. We've decied to rent a mobile each to get hold of each other as we want to call and for emergencies. It's important because we all live so apart. We also discussed host families and I realised I'm lucky as I'm in a quite well off family as I sleep in a bed and get normal food like toast for the morning (poor caroline had fish bone soup this morning). At one point me and Caroline went to the toilet and this crazy woman kept shouting at us to try help give us directions, was crazy. We have loads of plans for the week though so it should keep us busy. Our main sheduale is 9.00-12.00 is lesson time, 12.00-12.30 is free time, 12.30-1.30 is lunch, 1.30-2.00 is meeting time and 2.00-6.00 is filimg and work and sightseeing. Time after that will probably be for dinner as we don't want to burdan host families too much.
After our very long meeting we met up with 4 previous Korean students who studied at Bath Spa and 3 students going to the UK to study there in September. Mahinda was very nice and treated all of us to food at a nice Korean resturant. I sat next to a girl who was very persistant on making sure I ate alot of pepper paste, it was hot. I had Bimbamba which was beans, egg, seaweed and rice. It was very strange and I mainly ate seaweed and rice. Caroline was lucky as she got a car and the host family took her home, dropping Helena on the way. Lucy and I walked to the station and caught the metro. I was quite confused at first and thought I was going the wrong way but I was alright and I worked it out. I managed to get a seat today but about halfway the tube stopped and everyone had to get off. A man tried to explain that the cleaners had to come on and we had to catch the next tube. I'm pretty sure if he wasn't there I'd be cleaning a tube right now!! I managed to get off okay and find my way home. I was abit nervous on the way as it was dark and I was walking alone in the park but I got home okay.
My host mother just made me ice cream and fruit with a smoothie drink and we all talked about our days. Brother (that's what I'm having to call him) has an exam on the 7th and he is nervous. If he passes he gets a new game for his DS, he is studying very hard. I explained today that I actually live in Wales. I had to draw a map and explain what it was like there. I also managed to try out some Korean on them, they seemed very impressed. Host father is still not home, he works long hours, 8.00am until 10.00pm. I'm thinking of a shower now as I am very hot and sticky. I've been told to avoid fan death today that I'm allowed to open the window, hallujah!
Logging off for now,
Angharad

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Designer : Cynna
Editor : Angharad
materials: Various japanese site
icons: SugarPink
Editing Program: Photoscape
scripts: Dynamic Drive
color hex codes: Color Combos
host: BLOGGER.COM | PHOTOBUCKET.COM